4.25.2011

So Close, Yet So Far

You know, sometimes I seriously feel like my life is a song from Cabaret:

"All the odds are in my favor. Something's bound to begin. It's gotta happen sometime. Maybe this time I'll win."

Other days I have complete mental breakdowns and struggle to focus on my to-do list. Lots of things aren't going exactly my way these days, and my first reaction to these things is just to shut down and curl up in the fetal position and complain about everything that's not what I expected it to be.

Then there are days like today when nothing especially exciting happens, but I'm reminded of my place in this world and my hope is renewed. While listening to the radio on the way to class I heard the DJ telling his Easter weekend story about how most of his plans got rearranged from what he was expecting. Then he spit out Proverbs 16:9 and I was completely humbled and changed my perspective.

"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

So even if I may not be able to fit into the spectacular dress I want to this weekend and I can't control the behaviors of other people and no one has hired me yet I know that regardless of what I have planned for my life God is going to put me exactly where He wants me, and that's more reassuring than having my plans turn out my way because obviously I can only see the near future whereas the Lord can see my entire life in the blink of an eye. I hope this blesses you the way it blessed me today.

P.S. Marry me Ed Westwick.

Witticism of the Day: Have patience. Not original, true, but it's important to understand the weight of these words, so I'll repeat them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment